SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION POLICY
Any and all social media applications, such as TeamSnap or GroupMe; are used for team communication purposes by the Club Organizer, Team Manager or Coach. These applications are provided as a service and convenience to the Club Organizer, Team Manager, Coach, Parents and Players. All Parents and Players of Martin United Soccer Club are asked to not utilize these applications for personal team messaging.
Any social media application used for team communication purposes are provided as a service and convenience to the Club Organizer, Team Manager, Coach, Parents and Players. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may result in disciplinary action if deemed inappropriate or irrelevant by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a Club Organizer, Field Official, Team Manager, Coach, Parent and Players or another participant affiliated with MUSC
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations, products and programs not related to or affiliated with MUSC)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal, speculative or untrue comments about a participant)
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual
- Comments that are derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, gender, professional, age or religious group
- Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, officials or clubs
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Comments or links to sites that contain viruses or malicious software
- Comments containing explicit or pornographic words or images.